I work to algorithmically and empirically assess the performance of computing a winning committee in multiwinner elections while ensuring diversity among the selected candidates and representation of voters. The main aim of my work is to develop a framework that unifies preferences, multiwinnwer voting rules, outcomes, contextual information, and diversity and representation.
- Jul 2021: DiRe Committee pre-print is on arXiv (featured as one of the most popular research articles posted on arXiv.org for that week)
- Jun 2021: Presented DiRe Committee poster at the COMSOC Workshop (video)
- Apr 2021: Introduced the idea of "The Five Ws of Fairness in Multiwinner Elections" at the International COMSOC Seminar Series (video - jump to 53:00)
- Mar 2021: Algorithmic Techniques paper accepted at the ACM/IMS Transactions on Data Science
- Oct 2020: Excited to be invited to submit an NSF proposal